The Best Binary Options Broker 2020!
Perfect For Beginners and Middle-Leveled Traders!
Free Demo Account.
Get Your Sign-Up Bonus Now!
Recommended Only For Experienced Traders!
Thread: Can you say a trader is a fail trader without planning his trade?
- Linear Mode
- Switch to Hybrid Mode
- Switch to Threaded Mode
Can you say a trader is a fail trader without planning his trade?
Can you say a trader is a fail trader without planning his trade?
Yes of course, the trader that trade without good trading plan will not be able to survive and succeed in his trading, because the trading plan is the main factor which is responsible for determining level of risk that we should take per each trade, and this helps us to trade with low risk, money management, and risk management, and these are the main factors which can make our trading strategy effective in the trading, but the trading without good trading plan, typically lead us to the failure in our trading, because this may lead us to trade with high risk without any money management, and this makes our trading strategy ineffective in the trading, and beside this the trading without good trading plan doesn’t help us to survive in the market for long time, so the trading plan is one of the main factors which can build a successful trader, because the ability of the trader to survive in the market for long time helps him i acquiring extra experience and knowledge, and beside this helps the trader to compensate any losses easily without any problem.
As far as trading the forex market is concerned, it is totally wrong to go into the market and execute a trade without prior planning as to how a trader wishes to go about it. Having and following accordingly a trading plan is one of the traits of any successful trader in the business. I mean a professional trader is not made by taking guess and entering into impromptu trades here and there in the market. It takes years, months, weeks down to days of planning to get a trader to make good analysis and enter adequate and effective market predictions. Planning is everything with the business and as far as I know, a trader who fails to plan has already started planning to fail. It is always good to have a focus and some kind of guide for a person to stick with, it is only by this that a trader is certain of his future in the trading business.
Not having a good trading plan is actually one of the reasons why traders failed, but it’s not a yardstick for measuring a failed trader. There is no written rule when it comes to making profits from the market, although have not heard or seen a successful trader without adequate trading plan – but if one can be successful without one then he can’t be called a failed trader. Trading plan is a must for forex traders. A lot of individuals feel it’s not compulsory that they can trade without using one, some just feel like it’s too time consuming. In most cases, the majority of those people always end up quitting the market. One of the major factors that prevent traders from making profits is emotions. However, with the help of a well written trading plan, you are more likely to manage your emotional issues on your investment, and can maintain a great level of focus and objectivity.
Planning a trade is one of the most important attribute of a successful trader. Making trades without planning means to plan to fail. When a trader doesn’t plan his trading, the trader will trade without direction in the forex market and this results to losses.
It is always adviceable that we traders do take the trading plan seriously while we set realistic targets that is achievable and free from greed. Traders Shou also have a very good forex trading knowledge because without this, the trader will certainly not make any good profits or won’t even make any profits at all because the forex knowledge is the most essential thing that ks needed to succeed in thr forex market as trader. Good money management techniques should also be practiced yo protect trading Capital.
Obviously, you may stuck in the position, if you have not a good trading plan. Many trader focused mainly on executing trades. The entered the trade without any plan. If the market moves a little bit against them, they confused, they do not know. What they do? Mostly newbie traders hold their losing position too long in the hope of market reverse? Mostly market do not reversely, making a big loss. Also, newbie trader close their winning position to early. When they see some green pips, they close the trader. They missed a huge pips, if they hold the trade. It is happen because they do not have a proper trading plan. Without a trading plan, you can get success in forex. When I entered the trade, I new the target of that trade. If I observed the second day, the trend lose the stamina, then I trail my target to the new high level created. If market keep stamina, and breakout any important level. Then I will trail my trade technical to hit my target.
Absolutely a trade will be fail in trader if he did not have the proper planning and proper mind setup for his trade, so for a trader it is the basic step to develop proper and best plan for his trading career, a plan act as the first stone in creating the any home, so if these stone is weak then their is no chance for that building to be strong, a strong plan include the traders goal so if a man do trade without of goal then their is a lot of risk for him to do trade without planing, this is also must have to include the stop loss and profit targets in your trading plan which will be very beneficial all the time in the trade if you do trade without this then again the risk loss will increase and maybe your trading career is about to end due to that risk so be careful always.
It is expected that a good trader should always have his trading plan in place.In this he has all the step by step of how the trading decisions will be executed at every point in time.This entails what to be detected on the price action and how and what ways are the indicators to conform with the price action,the lot size to be used and so on and so forth.When these are not in place then there is a very low probability of success because invariably this implies that thee is no defined direction.If there is any success at all t is going to be temporal therefore a trader without planning is a failure and this should not in anyway be encouraged
In forex trading business a trader don’t just targed professional trader by mere saying but there are must be a certain attribute that make a trader to be professional and be successful in the business .In forex trading business the number one priority of every trader is to make profit in the market ,and this can only possible through execive learning to have the knowledge and experience that make the trader to be successful, it also this learning that make the trader to develop good strategy in the market , determine the currency pair to trader the amount of his desire pip per day ,the time frame, etc all this and other can be sum up to form a good trading plan that guide the trader in the market. And I can make it clear that any trader that fail to have a formidable plan in the market will definitely fail in the markets because he won’t be able to have self control and the standard to his trading.
Can you say a trader is a fail trader without planning his trade?
Planning is very important in Forex trading,a trade must be planned very well,planning includes making adequate preparation for the trade knowing your money management rules is also part of the planning,a well planned trade is good and difficult to fail,even if you lose the reason why can be clearly seen,planning a trade shows how discipline the trader is in the market,it is not just about planning the trade it also involves trading the plan a trader who does not follow trade plan is also a failure in the market,following a trade plan entails discipline and commitment and dedication,trading without a plan is dangerous and that is what most traders do in this market,it shows proper lack of knowledge,only a trader that is not well groomed trades without a plan.
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
- BB code is On
- Smilies are On
- [IMG] code is On
- HTML code is Off
Forex Forum mt5.com – Introduction.
Forex market is high-yield and risky mean of taking profit by operations with the currency rates. Instruments of work at Forex market in many ways determine the result of currency trading made by Forex market participants – brokers’ clients. Every Forex broker offers its own terminal, however the most part of brokers and traders concur in choosing MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 terminals. This forum is created for those who prefer the terminal of MetaTrader series in trading on Forex.
Forex Forum mt5.com – trade discussion.
Forex market forecasts, independent opinions of novice traders and experts of the currency market – all this you will find at the Forex-forum of trades discussion. Solid experience of work on Forex is preferable, but all comers including Forex-newbies may come and share their opinion as well. Mutual help and dialog – the main goal of communication at Forex-forum, devoted to trading.
Forex Forum mt5.com – dialog with brokers and traders (about brokers).
If you have negative or positive experience of work with Forex broker – share it at Forex Forum, related to the questions of Forex service quality. You can leave a comment about your broker telling about advantages or drawbacks of work at Forex with it. The aggregate traders’ reviews of brokers constitute a rating. In this rating you can see the leaders and outsiders of the Forex services market.
Free discussions at the Forex Forum mt5.com
You are a trader and want to relax? Then Forex Forum for free discussions is for you. There are no doubts that conversation on subjects close to Forex market is preferential. Here you will find jokes about traders, caricature of Forex brokers and full-rate Forex off top.
Bonuses for communication at Forex Forum mt5.com
This forum is created by traders for traders and is meant for deriving of profit. However, each post at the Forex forum gives its author a forex bonus, which can be used in Forex trading at the account opened with one of the forum’s sponsors. This small gift is presented with the aim to reward professional traders for spent time at our forum.
We appreciate your choice of Forex forum mt5.com as a platform for communication.
Traders act as suppliers for completion of tasks
Автор: Spectator6, 15 декабря, 2020 в General game forum
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
7 Things To Do When You Fail To Achieve Your Goals
So you set goals and fail to achieve them? What should you do? This article will tell you what to do.
First, you have to understand that failing to achieve your goals does not mean that you have failed. It just means that something is wrong and you need to change your strategies. You need to change your approach. And you need to change the way you do things.
It is very normal about failing to achieve your goals. In fact, it is the failure that catapults most people to become successful.
If Steve Jobs had never been fired, he would never have bought Pixar and revolutionized Apple after he got back to the company.
The Best Binary Options Broker 2020!
Perfect For Beginners and Middle-Leveled Traders!
Free Demo Account.
Get Your Sign-Up Bonus Now!
Recommended Only For Experienced Traders!
If Walt Disney had not been fired from the newspaper editor for his lack of imagination, Mickey Mouse and Disney would never have become like what you and I get to see today.
If Colonel Sanders’ restaurant by the highway had never gone bust, there wouldn’t be KFC today.
So welcome failure. It is a part of the journey and something that you need to experience before you can achieve success.
Failure is the mother of all successes. Without failure, there will be no success. Failure makes us appreciate success more.
Just like if there is no rain, you will never appreciate the sunshine. If there is no lost, you will never feel the pain.
More importantly, failure is just going to be temporary. And it is how you manage failure when it comes to you that truly matters.
You can fail ten times in your business venture, but you can stand up and try for one more time. Some people fail once, and they don’t dare to stand up again. They choose to be defeated by the results they got. They choose to continue to lie on the floor and get knocked down.
Bruce Lee once said:
“Defeat is a state of mind; No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.”
So are you going to accept being defeated? I hope not.
Let’s discover what you can do when you fail to achieve your goals. Here are seven things you can do to help you get out of the failure cycle and mentality:
1. Do a Post-Mortem and Learn the Experience
“Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” – Napoleon Hill
Post-mortem has been defined as “analysis or discussion of an event held soon after it has occurred, especially in order to determine why it was a failure.”
When you failed to achieve what you set out to accomplish, it means something to you. Failure is a signal telling you something is wrong.
Just like before you fall sick, your body will feel uncomfortable, and this is the signal that your body sends you. If you ignore the signal, sickness will come to you.
When your client’s cheque bounces, it tells you something. When your wife tells you that she’s not happy with the way you handle your kids, she is telling you something. These are the yellow alerts. These are the signals.
And if you choose to ignore these signals, you will suffer the consequences. And failure is just one of them.
Failure is the feedback telling you that something is not working and you need to change it. You don’t have to look at failure as failure, treat it as feedback that will help you improve.
Therefore, the first thing you can do is to do a post-mortem on the failure you get. Why do you fail? What is the reason you fail?
Are you not working hard enough? Do you overestimate your ability? Did you procrastinate and not taking enough actions? Do you give it enough time?
These are what failures are trying to tell you. And the best part is that you don’t have to choose to succumb to failure.
So first, understand why you fail so that you can bounce back higher.
When you know why you fail, you will feel better because you see the problem. And when you know your problem, you can change it, and you can solve it.
It makes you feel better, have more confidence and be hopeful again.
Therefore, do a post-mortem every time you fail. Find out the reason for the failure and treat it as a feedback. After that, learn to solve the problem and come back with a better strategy to achieve what you want again.
2. Get Away
The second thing you can do when you fail is to simply get away.
Sometimes, when you fail, you won’t have the mood to continue to do things. Your mind will keep thinking about the failure, and this will only make the matter worse.
And when this happen, get away from the situation. Do something totally different.
Jack Ma said that he would get away from the problem when he can’t find any solution. He will take a short nap to clear his mind.
And when Steve Jobs was fired from Apple, he took three months off before he came to business. And it was during this period that he discovered what he truly wanted in life. He said that it was his best moments. Here is his quote in his own words:
“Getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.”
Thus, don’t be afraid to get away from the problem or the failure. The key is to clear off your mind so that you can see the big picture.
When you’re stuck in the circle, you won’t see the opening or edge to go ahead. When you’re lost in the jungle, try to go to the higher ground so that you can have a clearer and farther view.
The same happens when it comes to dealing with failure.
Try to get away from the situation and do something totally different. Take a vacation when needed to. Go and take a walk by the beach or in the woods. Go for sports. Do something that will make you happy.
3. Ask Brutally Honest Questions
Sometimes, the best way to handle failure is to ask yourself honest questions that will help you identify the problems.
For example, when you fail to hit your target by the end of the month, ask yourself this question, “Is what I do justify my results?”
When you ask this question, you will start to think about your actions. Is what you do enough to generate the results you want?
Most people overestimate their ability when it comes to short-term goal. They want to earn a million dollar in a year; they want to lose 5kg in a week, etc.
By asking this honest question, you will then able to know if what you doable to generate you the results you want.
Here are some similar questions you should ask yourself:
- If I continue to do what I do, will I get the results I want? Will I be able to reach my goals?
- Is this how successful and extraordinary people in my industry are doing it?
- Are my actions sufficient to generate the result I want and hence, achieve my goals?
Of course, you can choose to ask this question after you have set the goal. You don’t have to wait until you fail only to do this.
Usually, you will know if you can reach your goal. If after a few days, weeks or months down the road and you are not making much progress and left far behind your goals, you know that something is wrong.
So ask these brutally honest questions to find out if what you do will bring you the result you want.
If what you do is not going to get you the result you want, what should you do? What can you change or improve to get on track and get the result you desire?
By consistently asking these questions along in your journey, you want to make sure you are on track and always do the right thing to achieve what you want in life.
4. Learn from Credible Source
Sometimes people fail not because their goals are too big, but their strategies did not justify what they want.
You have to do it the right way if you want to get results. Just like if you want to see the sunrise, running West is not the right way.
For example, if you want to build a successful blog, and your only strategy is to keep publishing great content on your blog, it may not be an effective strategy. It may take years before you see the results.
What you want to do is to market your blog at the same time. You want to spread the words so that other people know about your blog’s existence.
It is true that quality content is important for a blog, but marketing is important too. This is where most people get it wrong.
They thought that working hard will guarantee their success. No, it is not. Hard work will only get you results faster; it will not guarantee your success.
Thus, if you work hard blindly, it will make you fail faster. So make sure you are doing it the right way. This is why having a mentor or a coach is important. Your mentor can guide you and tell you the right way to get results.
Imagine your goal is to conquer Mount Everest, without a coach, a mentor or someone to guide you the right way, do you think you can make it? No, you will fall, and you will die.
This is why learning the right strategy is important. And most people never do this. All they know is to work hard. Unfortunately, working hard is not going to guarantee your success.
So learn the right way. Seek help. Get a mentor or a coach. Ask around and look for better ways to solve things.
When you fail to reach your goals, stop and review your strategies.
5. Reignite Your Desire
Another good way to deal with failure is to reignite your desire. When you are down and feeling frustrated because you did not achieve your goals, reignite your desire.
Keep the energy going and boost your motivation. How do you do that? Simple, revisit your purpose.
Ask yourself, why do you want to achieve the goals you have set? Your reasons are the fuel that will keep you burning.
This is why your reasons must be strong and emotional enough to get you moving. If your purpose for your goal is not strong enough, you will not do whatever it takes to achieve the goal.
It is when you give yourself a compelling reason to act, you will go beyond the problems.
I have seen this many times. People fail because they say that it is too hard, or it is too time-consuming or they just don’t have the potential to do it.
These are the excuses given by most people. Don’t buy into these lousy excuses. When your reasons are not strong enough, these excuses will come and stop you. They will become the justification why you can’t.
However, when your reasons are compelling, you will do whatever it takes. Even when the times are tough, your reasons will keep you going.
So what if God throws a lemon at you? Just learn to turn the lemon into lemonade. So what if it is tough or difficult? Just learn to solve the puzzle piece by piece. So what if it rains? Just learn to dance in the rain.
Give yourself compelling reasons to act. Your reasons can reignite your desire and keep your motivation high.
Hence, revisit your purpose. Write down why you want to achieve what you want. Make it compelling. Make it emotional. Make it strong and give yourself no excuse but reasons to go forward.
Here’s what you can do, write down and review your reasons every single day. When you fail, review your reasons and read them out loud. They will reignite your desire.
6. Reboot and Restart
What should you do when you fail to reach your goals? Simply reboot and restart.
Just like the software you use on your phone or computer, you need to update them from time to them. And after updates, sometimes you need to restart the device.
The same goes in life. Every night when you go to bed, you are restarting and rebooting into a new day.
It doesn’t matter what happened throughout the day. Even if you have a rough day, you should rest and take a good sleep because tomorrow is going to be a brand new day again. And things might be different. You just need to believe.
This is the principle you need to apply when you fail to achieve your goals. Just reboot. Set a new goal or simply extend the time frame to achieve the goals. Of course, before you do that, you want to do a post-mortem to find out why you fail.
If you do this, you will improve. You will learn from your past and upgrade yourself to the next level.
7. Failure Don’t Define Who You Are
If you fail right now, it doesn’t mean that you will fail again in the future. Your current situation doesn’t define you. It is just where you are right now.
When you fail to reach your goals, it doesn’t mean that you are a failure. So don’t let failure define who you are.
If you lose all your money investing in the stock market, does that mean that you are a failure? No, it is not. You have to take it as a lesson and learn from the experience. You improve your strategy, and then you try again.
What if you fail and got burn again? Well, you learn, improve and then try again. If you are serious about making it happen, you will have to do it until you make it.
How long does it take for an average baby to learn to walk? When you see your baby tries to walk, but she falls, what would you do? Would you stop her from walking?
No, you will encourage her to learn and improve until she walks.
The same thing operates everywhere in life. If you seriously wanted something, you have to go for it. Keep trying and keep doing until you get it.
If you fail right now, it doesn’t mean that you will fail again in the future. Unless you accepted the failure and quit on your goals, you will never fail. You either win, or you learn and improve.
So don’t let your failure define who you are. Even if you are in a tough situation right now and your future seems bleak. Don’t lose hope. Keep moving forward and keep marching. Learn the traits of the success and keep improving.
Where you are right now is just where it is right now. You can change. As long as you keep your desire burning, maintain your hopes, and find ways to improve, you will somehow achieve what you want in life.
What To Do Now
Well, please understand that success and failure are part of life and if you fail to reach your goals, it is very normal.
You just need to follow the seven suggestions given above to deal with your failures. It doesn’t mean that you have failed. It simply means that you have made progress, but not getting the result you want.
Thus, you need to find out what went wrong. Do a post-mortem and implement a new strategy to reach your goals again.
I’m a blogger, writer, and also an internet entrepreneur. If you want to learn more about me, kindly go to the About page. By the way, have you downloaded your FREE copy of Active Goal Setting? Don’t forget to do so.
101 Inspirational Trading Quotes And What They Mean
Inspirational trading quotes have more uses than you’d imagine. They’re not just cool saying you can spring out during a conversation to look smart.
Here are some awesome reasons to look over inspirational trading quotes :
- They keep usmotivatedin difficult times . We all need that extra boost sometimes to remind ourselves that bad times will eventually pass.
- Can be the backbone of our trading strategy . The best trading strategies tend to be the simplest and sometimes a simple idea can be the best.
- Can be the reason why we trade . Some quotes can speak volumes about the market – what works and what doesn’t.
- They can act as important reminders and stop us from making mistakes . No sayings are more memorable than those that warn us not to make the same mistakes again.
Looking for more than just trading quotes? Want to start making money trading? Get a free forex trading education here!
Here are our top 101 Inspirational trading quotes:
1. “The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary.” – Alexander Elder
Meaning : A quote to remind you to focus on getting the trade to work first! Money is the reward, an outcome of a successful trade. Thinking solely about the reward will cloud your judgement.
2. “Do more of what works and less of what doesn’t.” – Steve Clark
Meaning : A great quote to remind yourself to keep track of what is working in your trading strategy and what isn’t. If something isn’t working for you, cut it. Remember to keep a trading journal!
3. “Never, ever argue with your trading system” – Michael Covel
Meaning : It will never get you anywhere! And let’s face it, it’s probably not the systems’ fault. If it’s really doing you no good, change it!
4. “In this business, if you’re good, you’re right six times out of ten. You’re never going to be right nine times out of ten.” – Peter Lynch
Meaning : The best traders are never right all the time, they make losses too. Focus on getting more trades right than wrong and you’ll be considered successful.
5. “All the math you need in the stock market you get in the fourth grade.” – Peter Lynch
Meaning : A trading quote to remind you to keep your trading strategy simple . The more complex your trading strategy is, the more things can go wrong.
6. “Novice Traders trade 5 to 10 times too big. They are taking 5 to 10 percent risk, on a trade they should be taking 1 to 2 percent risk on.” – Bruce Kovner
Meaning : As a rule, when you first start trading, never risk more than one or two percent of your trading account on a trade. For example, if you have $3,000 in your account, never trade more than $30.
7. “In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable.” – Robert Arnott
Meaning : You need to take risks in order to make a profit. If there’s no risk in the trades your making, you cannot expect to really make a living as a trader.
8. “There is no single market secret to discover, no single correct way to trade the markets. Those seeking the one true answer to the markets haven’t even gotten as far as asking the right question, let alone getting the right answer.” – Jack Schwagger
Meaning : An inspirational trading quote to remind you to stop looking for shortcuts ! In reality, no one really knows how to crack the market and be successful all the time.
9. “If most traders would learn to sit on their hands 50 percent of the time, they would make a lot more money.” – Bill Lipschutz
Meaning : The best traders know that patience is the key to making successful trades . Don’t trade too often and avoid overtrading.
10. “In trading/investing, it’s not about how much you make but rather how much you don’t lose.” – Bernard Baruch
Meaning : Before you make a trade, you need to understand your risk-reward ratio. Proper risk management is more important than making money.
11. “Every trader has strengths and weakness. Some are good holders of winners but may hold their losers a little too long. Others may cut their winners a little short but are quick to take their losses. As long as you stick to your own style, you get the good and bad in your own approach.” – Michael Marcus
Meaning : What works for you as a trader may not work for others. Every trader has their own trading style .
12. “Time is your friend; impulse is your enemy.” – John Bogle
Meaning : Another motivational trading quote to remind you to be patient. Take your time and don’t give in to your impulses.
13. “There is a time to go long, a time to go short and a time to go fishing.” – Jesse Livermore
Meaning : Another inspirational trading quote about trading less rather than more. Having a break from trading can often make you a better trader.
14. “Do not anticipate and move without market confirmation – being a little late in your trade is your insurance that you are right or wrong.” – Jesse Livermore
Meaning : A great tip for traders who use analysis . You need to wait and confirm that a trend is emerging before making a trade. That way you can be sure your trading strategy will work.
15. “The desire for constant action irrespective of underlying conditions is responsible for many losses in Wall Street even among the professionals, who feel that they must take home some money every day, as though they were working for regular wages.” – Jesse Livermore
Meaning : The perfect trading quote for someone who forgets that trading is not like a regular nine to five job. You won’t make money every day and, if you’re successful, you won’t need to.
16. “Money is made by sitting, not trading.” – Jesse Livermore
Meaning : Sit and wait for the right opportunity. Awesome trading quote about patience.
17. “I learned early that there is nothing new in Wall Street. There can’t be because speculation is as old as the hills. Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again. I’ve never forgotten that.” – Jesse Livermore
Meaning : It’s a well-known fact that markets repeat themselves ! If a situation appeared before, it will certainly reappear.
18. “Why do you think unsuccessful traders are obsessed with market analysis? They crave the sense of certainty that analysis appears to give them. Although few would admit it, the truth is that the typical trader wants to be right on every single trade. He is desperately trying to create certainty where it just doesn’t exist.” – Mark Douglas
Meaning : It doesn’t matter how good your market analysis is, it can still be wrong. You need to remember that it is not an exact science.
19. “If you can learn to create a state of mind that is not affected by the market’s behaviour, the struggle will cease to exist.” – Mark Douglas
Meaning : The perfect trading quote for highlighting the importance of being a detached trader. Don’t give in to the pressure the market puts on you.
20. “Dangers of watching every tick are twofold: overtrading and increased chances of prematurely liquidating good positions.” – Jack Schwagger
Meaning : Stop watching the market so closely. You’ll only end up trading too much, which is risky and/or close good positions too early. Either way, you’ll lose money.
21. “We want to perceive ourselves as winners, but successful traders are always focusing on their losses.” – Peter Borish
Meaning : Successful traders think more about protecting what they already have. That is always more important than making more money.
22. “Throughout my financial career, I have continually witnessed examples of other people that I have known being ruined by a failure to respect risk. If you don’t take a hard look at risk, it will take you.” – Larry Hite
Meaning : A superb trading quote about understanding risk. If you don’t respect risk, you will fail as a trader.
23. “Frankly, I don’t see markets; I see risks, rewards, and money.” – Larry Hite
Meaning : Another one for keeping things simple! Remove everything else from your mind and focus on the key elements of trading.
24. “I don’t think you can get to be a really good investor over a broad range without doing a massive amount of reading. I don’t think any one book will do it for you.” – Charlie Munger
Meaning : Good traders never stop learning. Even when they become pros at trading, they are still learning.
25. “In the short run, the market is a voting machine, but in the long run it is a weighing machine.” – Benjamin Graham
Meaning : The market acts like a popularity contest in the short-term, but in the long-term, we see the real value behind a market instrument.
26. “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently.” – Tony Robbins
Meaning : Smart words for trading and for life! In order to be considered a successful trader, you need to focus on making consistent trades over time.
27. “Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered.” – Unknown
Meaning : You can make money when the market is going up and down, but you won’t make money if you’re greedy.
28. “Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.” – Paul Samuelson
Meaning : Trading is not the same as gambling. It’s not about having fun, it’s about working out the right time to make your move.
29. “The fundamental law of investing is the uncertainty of the future.” – Peter Bernstein
Meaning : You can never be sure of what will happen. It doesn’t matter how good your research is, you will never be completely right.
30. “You can be free. You can live and work anywhere in the world. You can be independent from routine and not answer to anybody.” – Alexander Elder
Meaning : Perhaps one of the most inspirational trading quotes to remind you how liberating it is to be a trader!
31. “You have to identify your weaknesses and work to change. Keep a trading diary – write down your reasons for entering and exiting every trade. Look for repetitive patterns of success and failure.” – Alexander Elder
Meaning : This motivational trading quote is may be one of the most actionable. Take heed and find out what works for you.
32. “Sheer will and determination is no substitute for something that actually works.” – Jason Klatt
Meaning : Motivation is not enough to become a successful trader. You need knowledge, specifically knowledge of what works for you.
33. “Short-term volatility is greatest at turning points and diminishes as a trend becomes established.” – George Soros
Meaning : Great words from a trading legend. Remember this quote when putting together a trading strategy that utilises trends.
34. “Markets are constantly in a state of uncertainty and flux, and money is made by discounting the obvious and betting on the unexpected.” – George Soros
Meaning : Although we can never be 100% sure what direction the markets will move, some things can be estimated and some things can’t.
35. “It’s not whether you’re right or wrong that’s important, it’s how much money you make when you’re right and how much you lose when you’re wrong.” – George Soros
Meaning : Another excellent quote for risk-reward ratios. And another example of a top trader keeping losses in mind at all times.
36. “In trading, the impossible happens about twice a year.” – Henri M Simoes
Meaning : A helpful reminder that every so often the unbelievable will happen. Keep your eyes peeled for those moments.
37. “The core problem, however, is the need to fit markets into a style of trading rather than finding ways to trade that fit with market behaviour.” – Brett Steenbarger
Meaning : You can’t fit the market around your strategy, you can only fit your strategy around the market.
38. “Never invest in any idea you can’t illustrate with a crayon.” – Peter Lynch
Meaning : A hilarious motivational quote that reminds us to keep trading simple. If something is too complicated, it means there are more chances of it going wrong.
39. “I get real, real concerned when I see trading strategies with too many rules (you should too).” – Larry Connors
Meaning : Just like the above, this is a great trading quote about keeping trading strategies simple. The fewer the rules there are the better.
40. “I just wait until there is money lying in the corner, and all I have to do is go over there and pick it up. I do nothing in the meantime.” – Jim Rogers
Meaning : Patience is one of the most valued skills in trading. You have to remember to only strike when the time is right!
41. “I believe in analysis and not forecasting.” – Nicolas Darvas
Meaning : A good quote for keeping trading scientific and in the moment. Try to keep forecasting to a minimum, if possible.
42. “Trading doesn’t just reveal your character, it also builds it if you stay in the game long enough.” – Yvan Byeajee
Meaning : Attaining the skills to become a great trader is a lifelong journey. To be successful requires you to make changes in your life.
43. “Focus, patience, wise discernment, non-attachment – the skills you acquire in meditation and the skills you need to thrive in trading are one and the same.” – Yvan Byeajee
Meaning : Four essential skills any successful trader needs. They won’t just help you trade better, they can also help you lead a better life.
44. “Confidence is not ‘I will profit on this trade.’ Confidence is ‘I will be fine if I don’t profit from this trade.” – Yvan Byeajee
Meaning : Excellent advise on trader psychology. You need to have the right approach to winning and losing trades.
45. “You will never find fulfilment trading the markets if you don’t learn to appreciate and be satisfied with what you already have.” – Yvan Byeajee
Meaning : A great trading quote to remind you to appreciate and protect what you already have. Understanding risk means appreciating what you already have.
46. “Beware of trading quotes.” – Andreas Clenow
Meaning : A hilarious quote to remind you that inspirational trading quotes are not enough to be a successful trader!
47. “Learn to take losses. The most important thing in making money is not letting your losses get out of hand.” – Martin Schwartz
Meaning : In order to avoid losses, you must first understand and respect them. But more importantly, you need to mentally accept them .
48. “A lot of people get so enmeshed in the markets that they lose their perspective. Working longer does not necessarily equate with working smarter. In fact, sometimes is the other way around.” – Martin Schwartz
Meaning : Smart traders trade less not more ! Don’t let yourself get caught up in the market!
49. “When I became a winner, I said, ‘I figured it out, but if I’m wrong, I’m getting the hell out, because I want to save my money and go on to the next trade.” – Martin Schwartz
Meaning : Another important reminder to look after what you already have.
50. “I have learned through the years that after a good run of profits in the markets, it’s very important to take a few days off as a reward. The natural tendency is to keep pushing until the streak ends. But experience has taught me that a rest in the middle of the streak can often extend it.” – Martin Schwartz
Meaning : Similar to the above, this inspirational trading quote is a reminder that you need to take a break from the markets every so often to avoid overtrading and losing what you have. Reward yourself!
51. “I always laugh at people who say, ‘I’ve never met a rich technician.’ I love that! It’s such an arrogant, nonsensical response. I used fundamentals for nine years and got rich as a technician.” – Martin Schwartz
Meaning : A good quote to remind yourself of the importance of technical analysis .
52. “When I get hurt in the market, I get the hell out. It doesn’t matter at all where the market is trading. I just get out, because I believe that once you’re hurt in the market, your decisions are going to be far less objective than they are when you’re doing well… If you stick around when the market is severely against you, sooner or later they are going to carry you out.” – Randy McKay
Meaning : Trading on emotions is one of the riskiest things you can do. If you think you’re acting on emotion rather than the state of the market, you need a break.
53. “I’ll keep reducing my trading size as long as I’m losing… My money management techniques are extremely conservative. I never risk anything approaching the total amount of money in my account, let alone my total funds.” – Randy McKay
Meaning : A great trading strategy to reduce losses. Every time you lose a trade, reduce the amount you are trading.
54. “The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing.” – Phillip Fisher
Meaning : In trading, the price of an instrument isn’t as important as the value it gives you.
55. “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.” – Robert G. Allen
Meaning : A great point illustrating that a saving account will never make you rich. Trading is a much more effective way to create wealth.
56. “Losses are necessary, as long as they are associated with a technique to help you learn from them” – David Sikhosana
Meaning : Essentially losses are only a bad thing when you fail to learn from them. By learning from your losses, you are less likely to repeat them.
57. “Everyday I assume every position I have is wrong.” – Paul Tudor Jones
Meaning : It may not sound that inspirational , but this quote speaks volumes about the importance of mentally preparing for being wrong.
58. “The secret to being successful from a trading perspective is to have an indefatigable and an undying and unquenchable thirst for information and knowledge.” – Paul Tudor Jones
Meaning : As that old saying goes ‘knowledge is power’. With trading that undeniably true.
59. “Trading is very competitive and you have to be able to handle getting your butt kicked.” – Paul Tudor Jones
Meaning : Don’t give up just because your trading plan fell apart. You need to learn from that experience and keep going!
60. “That cotton trade was almost the deal breaker for me. It was at that point that I said, ‘Mr. Stupid, why risk everything on one trade? Why not make your life a pursuit of happiness rather than pain?” – Paul Tudor Jones
Meaning : This trading quote highlights how important it is to diversify your portfolio . Never risk anything on just one trade.
61. “I’m always thinking about losing money as opposed to making money. Don’t focus on making money, focus on protecting what you have” – Paul Tudor Jones
Meaning : Another fine quote from Paul Tudor Jones on the importance of protecting what you have.
62. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
Meaning : This inspirational trading quote has to be one of the smartest. The more you know about what you trading, the more likely you are to make an informed trade, one that gives better results.
63. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” – Richard Branson
Meaning : While Richard Branson might not be a trader, his words speak a lot of truth. Learn from your mistakes and keep going.
64. “He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious.” – Sun Tzu
Meaning : Another quote from outside the trading world. Essentially, by knowing when to trade and when not to trade, you will be successful.
65. “Win or lose, everybody gets what they want out of the market. Some people seem to like to lose, so they win by losing money.” – Ed Seykota
Meaning : Losing a trade is not the end of the world. If you learned something from it, you still got something out of it.
66. “The elements of good trading are (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
Meaning : Not all of your trades will be successful. Therefore, you can only become a good trader by learning how to minimise your losses.
67. “The trend is your friend until the end when it bends.” – Ed Seykota
Meaning : Wordplay on the famous phrase ‘the trend is your friend’. You need to remember that trends never last forever.
68. “Are you willing to lose money on a trade? If not, then don’t take it. You can only win if you’re not afraid to lose. And you can only do that if you truly accept the risks in front of you.” – Sami Abusaad
Meaning : A fine trading quote that once again illustrates the importance of understanding risks and how it relates to success.
69. “If you personalise losses, you can’t trade.” – Bruce Kovner
Meaning : Emotion has no place in the trading arena. If you want to trade, you need to remove it.
70. “I know where I’m getting out before I get in.” – Bruce Kovner
Meaning : A clever quote for entry and exit strategies . Before you start your strategy, you need to know where you’ll enter and exit.
71. “I think investment psychology is by far the more important element, followed by risk control, with the least important consideration being the question of where you buy and sell.” – Tom Basso
Meaning : Sure, when you break it down trading is all about buying and selling, but without the right mindset and risk management skills, many things can go wrong.
72. “Stocks are bought not in fear but in hope. They are typically sold out of fear.” – Justin Mamis
Meaning : An excellent quote about trader psychology . Many of the actions undertaken by novice traders and motivated by emotions.
73. “What seems too high and risky to the majority generally goes higher and what seems low and cheap generally goes lower.” – William O’Neil
Meaning : The market will often beat your expectations, but that doesn’t mean you should count on that happening!
74. “Letting losses run is the most serious mistake made by most investors.” – William O’Neil
Meaning : Once again, another inspirational trading quote highlighting how important reducing losses is to be profitable.
75. “The market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.” – Warren Buffet
Meaning : The impatient will always lose out to the patient. Patience is one of the most valued skills you can have as a trader.
76. “You don’t need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beats the guy with 130 IQ.” – Warren Buffet
Meaning : Intelligence is not always the most important thing about trading. There are a wealth of other factors at play.
77. “We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.” – Warren Buffet
Meaning : Another fine quote from Warren Buffet about emotions and making money trading .
78. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffet
Meaning : All it takes is one little mistake to lose everything. That’s why you need to be cautious when trading and understand the risks.
79. “Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy.” – Warren Buffet
Meaning : Market fluctuations present you with opportunities to enter and exit the market, don’t be afraid of them.
80. “Profit from folly, rather than participate in it.” – Warren Buffet
Meaning : Make sure the only mistakes you see are the mistakes of others, not your own. When others are making a mistake, it’s a chance for you to profit.
81. “Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.” – John Maynard Keynes
Meaning : An important reminder that market volatility can swallow your whole trading account if you’re not careful.
82. “Accepting losses is the most important single investment device to ensure the safety of capital.” – Gerald M. Loeb
Meaning : If you fail to accept your losses and start chasing them instead, you’re putting all of your capital a risk!
83. “The hard part is discipline, patience and judgement.” – Seth Klarman
Meaning : Trading is in a sense easy, but acquiring the skills to trade well can be difficult.
84. “In reality, no one knows what the market will do; trying to predict it is a waste of time, and investing based upon that prediction is a speculative undertaking.” – Seth Klarman
Meaning : Your analysis will never be completely correct and it is important to recognise that.
85. “I always define my risk, and I don’t have to worry about it.” – Tony Saliba
Meaning : The first step every trader should undertake before making a trade is to define their risk!
86. “Hope is [a] bogus emotion that only costs you money.” – Jim Cramer
Meaning : Never base your trades on hope. Instead, they should be well-informed based on the information and analysis you have at hand.
87. “The key to trading success is emotional discipline. If intelligence were the key, there would be a lot more people making money trading… I know this will sound like a cliche, but the single most important reason that people lose money in the financial markets is that they don’t cut their losses short.” – Victor Sperandeo
Meaning : Another fine trading quote about cutting losses. If you don’t, you’ll never be consistently successful.
88. “All you need is one pattern to make a living.” – Linda Raschke
Meaning : The simplest patterns often reap the best rewards. If you can learn to use them you can make a living from trading.
89. “Sometimes the best trade is no trade.” – Unknown
Meaning : A well-known trading quote . You don’t need to trade all the time to be successful.
90. “Patterns don’t work 100% of the time. But they are still critical because they help you define your risk. If you ignore patterns and focus on hunches, feelings, and hot tips, just forget about achieving consistency.” – Ifan Wei
Meaning : If you want to be a consistently successful trader, you need to work with patterns!
91. “It’s ok to be wrong; it’s unforgivable to stay wrong.” – Martin Zweig
Meaning : A clever quote to remind you to learn from your mistakes.
92. “The four most dangerous words in investing are: This time it’s different.” – Sir John Templeton
Meaning : It’s only ever different if you learned from your mistakes last time!
93. “There is a huge difference between a good trade and good trading.” – Steve Burns
Meaning : Anyone can make a good trade, but not everyone can be a consistently good trader.
94. “Buy things that are going up. Sell things that are going down. And when they stop, get out!” – Rob Smith
Meaning : Buying when low and selling when high is not enough. You also need to know the direction the instrument will move in.
95. “Don’t blindly follow someone, follow [the] market and try to hear what it is telling you.” – Jaymin Shah
Meaning : Never follow people’s advice without doing your own research. Your own research is always more valuable.
96. “You never know what kind of setup [the] market will present to you, your objective should be to find [an] opportunity where risk-reward ratio is best.” – Jaymin Shah
Meaning : The market is never the same, it always changes. Every time you trade you need to reevaluate the situation looking for a favourable risk-reward ratio.
97. “What’s the difference between a pro and an amateur? Professionals look for what’s wrong with a setup. Amateurs only look for what’s right.” – Mark Harila
Meaning : When you get to the point of being a professional trader, you look more for errors than anything else. Amateurs often fail to do that.
98. “A peak performance trader is totally committed to being the best and doing whatever it takes to be the best. He feels totally responsible for whatever happens and thus can learn from mistakes. These people typically have a working business plan for trading because they treat trading as a business.” – Van K. Tharp
Meaning : A great trading quote that sums up what a great trader needs. Most importantly highlighting learning from mistakes and having a plan.
99. “As much as possible you don’t want to be well paid merely for taking big risks. Anyone can manage that. You want to be well-paid because you did your homework.” – Joel Greenblatt
Meaning : Being risky doesn’t pay off. What really pays off is researching what you’re trading and setting yourself goals.
100. “Traders need a daily routine that they love. If you don’t love it, you’re not gonna do it.” – Scott Redler
Meaning : A truly inspiring trading quote to remind you that you need a trading style that fits in
101. “Trade the market in front of you, not the one you want!” – Scott Redler
Meaning : Your trading strategy should reflect the reality of the market. You can’t just apply any strategy you like.
If you remember anything from this article, make it these points.
- Trading quotescan remind us to keep things simple! Surround yourself with reminders when things get too complicated.
- Many of the besttrading quotesremind us that research comes first . Being informed on what you are about to trade will always pay off.
- Patience is a key part of trading . Trading less often is usually better than trading frequently.
- Trading is not like a regular day job . You can’t fit the market around your life.
Inspirational trading quotes won’t make you a trader!
But Trading Education ’s free forex trading course might just do the trick. While you may be feeling pumped and ready after reading our list, trading takes a lot more than motivational trading quotes .
Our forex trading course, The Ultimate Guide To Forex Trading is free now, but soon you’ll have to pay £2,500.
You will learn:
- Foundation in FOREX Trading
- Mechanics of FOREX Trading
- Advanced Analysis FOREX Trading
- Strategy Trading for FOREX Trading
Why is your forex trading education free?
Quite simply it’s being paid for by our partner brokers .
All you have to do to get the course is to sign up to one of them, make a deposit and send us your account number.
They recognise that educated traders are more likely to make money trading and uneducated traders are more likely to lose money and quit.
It’s a win-win situation; they get a new trader and you get a free forex trading education .
Sign up and get it now before it’s gone! Who knows, maybe one day you will be the one making inspirational trading quotes!
The Best Binary Options Broker 2020!
Perfect For Beginners and Middle-Leveled Traders!
Free Demo Account.
Get Your Sign-Up Bonus Now!
Recommended Only For Experienced Traders!